Tuesday, May 15, 2012

M is for Mother

If my high school English teacher was reading this right now, he would probably be cringing at the sight of this poem. Actually, he would also probably be surprised that I am even writing at all, considering how much I disliked it in high school.
I have no idea if it lives up to poem criteria, but I had fun writing it, so I hope you enjoy my little motherhood poem.

M is for mother
So marvelous and meek
Mindful and merciful throughout the whole week
Managing moment by moment and minute by minute at times
In the messy days, mopey days, miserable and moody days she minds
Making macaroni, muffins and meatballs most months
The task monotonous but merrily she presses on
Yes Ma'am she's a machine and works with all her might
But days when it's still not enough, she has God by her side.

Here's to my poetry debut!






We enjoyed some mother's day celebrations on the weekend.
Dinner with just mama and her two babes at a mexican restaurant downtown...yum, yum!



We followed up dinner with a waterside walk.  How appropriate was it when we saw mama goose guiding her little chicks along the way!






* On sunday we drove down to visit with my other mama (Dale's mom).  We spent some sweet time with family, lots of hugs, kisses and snuggles.





On the way home, we stopped at some friends, unfortunately they weren't able to get together, but we visited with the horses anyway!  I keep using the excuse that Levi likes to visit with the animals, and he does, but I think I enjoy it just as much as him!







We finished the night off with dinner and a walk at my brother's place.  It was a beautiful night; birds chirping, brilliant warm sunset setting in the background...ahh, perfect mother's day!






The setting sun was the perfect background for beautiful photo's.




Stay tuned for some important updates and new products from the sewing table tomorrow!

Tell me how you spent your mothers day!  With family? Quietly sipping coffee? At the park or zoo? Maybe you had to work, or your spouse? Reading a good book? I'd love to hear about how you spent your mothers day weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis