Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Birthdays

I have to admit that I've never really been much of a birthday person.  I've just thought of it as another year gone by, maybe have a little b-day celebration, but nothing fancy.  Even when Levi turned one, for whatever reason I didn't really play it up very much.  After all, he wasn't really going to notice if we did anything or not.  I had to work that day, and was pooped when I got home.  Okay this is going to make me sound like a terrible mother, but I think my sister in law, Lindsey, is the one who actually bought the cake and brought it over.  We sang a little Happy Birthday and that was that.  This year, birthdays have become a little more important to me.  It's been impressed on me, how quickly time goes by, with Levi turning three this year, and it's caused me to realize that the passing of each year deserves a little more celebrating!




Mom graciously agreed to babysit so we could go out and celebrate Dale's Birthday. We checked out Buffalo Wild Wings on Saturday night.  Great wings, but it was crazy busy. I was hoping to get some embarrassing hat put on him while all the staff clapped and sang happy birthday enthusiastically, but alas, they do not do such things at this joint.  Guess the wing place is too classy for such foolishness.


Sunday night, we celebrated three special little girls birthdays.  Since the twins and their cousin Sophie were only born two weeks apart, we joined to joyfully rejoice in the arrival of these three precious gifts from God all together.

 Girls first birthday card from Grandma Ross


Grandma was thinking ahead and got something for the little man, so that he wouldn't be too jealous of the girls.


We celebrated ole' fashioned streamer style, using every inch of the brightly coloured rippled classy paper décor.  C'mon, who doesn't like streamers?! They just scream 'beat the drum and celebrate!'




Okay, so maybe I had a sentimental momma moment, remembering the crazy insanity of last summer, and yet the sweet reward that I get to enjoy this summer.  I can't say that I even saw this day in sight, when I spent countless days cooped up in the house, with the air of fresh baby, diapers and spit up filling the air.  In the midst of those days, I dreamed of days like this, when they would have their own little personalities, laugh, hug, kiss, smile and love.  Here we are, a whole year later, and a whole lot fuller.  Through God's strength, a little more patient, a little more gracious, a little more understanding and a little more loving.


It's amazing how much you appreciate your parents, all their sacrifices and hard work, once you have children of your own.  With each passing stage, I grow to appreciate them more and more, on a different level.  It grows me, and brings me closer to them.  Especially to my mother.  Cause y'all know that there ain't nothin' like a mommas love.



Of course there were cupcakes.




Thanks to Linds for all her help and thoughtfulness for the girls party.

Hang in there for the continuation of the Chapman Family Special Trip...Detroit Zoo post coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis