Sunday, December 25, 2011

A Fresh Start

I'm excited and admittedly a little nervous about the launch of Junebugs.  I feel this will be a bit of a journey for me, exploring the realm of all things sewn.  I can tend to be somewhat " in the box" a lot of days, so trying new patterns and fabrics will be a great stretch for me. On the days that I am feeling a little more out of the box I'll do something like this:



Oh, it may not seem like much, but throwing a little braid in every now and then makes me feel like this inside:




Very excited! As in that youthful excitement.
This is the first year that Levi understands a little bit more about the opening of presents and the fun that comes with it.  His first present to open: a train set.  He was elated.  It took us a few minutes to set it up, a little more complicated then we had anticipated; but what children's toys aren't!? We watched as he took his choo choo for it's first ride. It went well at first, but then  he came around the corner on an elevated part of the track and it all came crashing down. The excitement was quickly traded for disappointment and tears. 





  We comforted, put things back together and then encouraged to try again. Accident scene repeated, followed by bigger disappointment and tears.  We then opted for the "safer" version of the track.  All flat on the ground.  No room for disappointment, right?  Not so. When the train hit a sharp corner and fell off the track, he was upset, resulting in no longer wanting to play with said choo choo.  "It's okay buddy" Dale would say "Just pick it up" and so he did. A little encouragement went a long way.  Reflecting on it this morning, I realize that I can be just like my toddler at times.  Excited about trying something new, when things don't go just so, I want to bail. Go back to what's safe. Retreat.  Then I realize, throwing a braid in my hair, trying a new pattern, playing with a new train set; it's all about the experience, and keeping the right attitude.  And I should have fun with it by golly! I love this quote from Ann Voskamp:

"The accomplishments of a day isn't so much about accomplishing goals but abiding in God, and this is the thing that needs remembering"

And sometimes a spoon full of sugar just helps the medicine go down!

On another note, here are a few nursing covers that I have available for purchase.  Check out the Products page for more information.

 Funky Chic

 Whimsical Pink

Retro Flowers

Thanks for reading. Keep in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis